Would you like to be fit enough to run a strong half marathon by April? Have you always wanted to get detailed feedback about your running form and efficiency?
The Startline winter run program is designed for the self-directed athlete who wants to take their run preparation to the next level.
This 13-week program is perfect for runners looking to compete and PR in a Spring Half Marathon. New in 2022, this program focuses on technique improvement, run durability, and speed development. Athletes will be streamed based upon their existing running foundation and injury risk profile. This program is also well suited to triathletes looking to complete a run focus block before transitioning to multi-sport training later in the spring in preparation for fall races. Program culminates with the following marquis events:
- NYRR Brooklyn Half Marathon – TBA
- NYCRuns Brooklyn Half Marathon – April 24
Athletes also the opportunity to add in an optional Run Video Analysis to their run program. A video capture session will be followed by a one-on-one session over zoom to review your running form, and receive specific feedback on specific drills, strength & mobility exercises that you should focus on for improvement. Finally, athletes will receive a written report along with a copy of their video.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: As of Oct 1, 2021, and without exception, all participants in Startline Coaching programs must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attendance at any and all in-person Startline Coaching training or clinic sessions.
Winter Half Marathon program details
- 13 Weeks
- Start: Jan 22, 2022
- End: Apr 24, 2022
- Streaming of athletes into different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 2 group run training sessions/week + additional solo workouts
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Strength workouts focused on improving durability and injury prevention.
Race planning & analysis:
- Individualized pacing plans for all races. Recommendations on pace, heart rate, & fueling/hydration
Optional Run Video Analysis ($120):
- Group Run session with video recording
- Immediate in session feedback
- One on one video review with each athlete over Zoom
- Written summary with video footage & recommendations
Group training sessions:
- Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @ 15 Street & Prospect Park West
- Wednesday evening run @ 7:00 pm
- Saturday morning run @ 8:00 am
- No bag watch will be provided
- No group workout 3/25
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations, Videos & other resources
- Group chat
Note: *A credit card processing fee of 3% will be assessed if a credit card is used for payment. Venmo payments are available without a processing fee. In addition, $15 USAT one-day waiver fees will be assessed at program check-in for all NON USAT members. No refunds are available for this program. Accommodation, and other associated travel costs are not included in the fee for this camp.