Close collaborators & friends for many years, Coaches Earl Walton & Peter Helling bring over 50 years of combined competitive swimming and triathlon competition experience to all athletes.
Swimming is the most technical of all triathlon disciplines. Efficient form is critical. The focus of this camp is form improvement and open water preparation because races are just around the corner. Whether you are new to swimming or an old hand looking for a breakthrough, we will meet you where you are today.
This year’s camp also brings something new. In addition, to a low athlete to coach ratio and over 10 hours of direct instruction in the pool, open water, & classroom, athletes will be able to take advantage of an optional one-on-one session with a coach in an endless pool. The session is recorded and each athlete will receive specific & detailed feedback on their form.
See more camp details below & act quickly to obtain favorable pricing for this exclusive swim camp.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 Pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Covid-19 safety protocols:
Arrival, departure, & on deck protocols
- All swimmers will be temperature checked prior to the start of every session. Please arrive 30 mins early to ensure we start on time.
- Swimmers will bring all their own gear & arrive in swimsuits under their clothing. The change rooms will not be used.
- Swimmers will all arrive in masks & remain socially distanced while on deck.
- Swimmers will exit the swim facility with swimsuits on under their gear. The change rooms will not be used.
- Swimmers will prepare for swimming on deck leaving all of their gear on deck in their own bags. No sharing of equipment, food, drink etc.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on deck for use by all swimmers when in the facility.
- Coaches will wear masks at all times
In pool & classroom protocols:
- When preparing to enter the pool, swimmers will remove their masks & leave their masks on deck in a plastic bag at the end of the lane.
- Swimmers will be organize into pods of 10-12 swimmers. Each swimmer will train in the same lane for the entire weekend.
- Swimmers will attend class room sessions in their 10-12 person pods
- 4 swimmers per lane with start/end positions as follows: one swimmer at each end & two-mid pool approx. 1/3 & 2/3 down the pool. Swimmers will be assigned a lane & lane position at the start of the camp based upon pace.
- All sets will be run so that each swimmer returns to their designated start/finish spot in the pool.
- There will be no gathering at the end of a pool lane unless specifically speaking to a coach. Swimmers will continue to swim and not stop for coach consultation unless the lane end no longer has a swimmer.
- Should a swimmer need to go to the bathroom, they will exit the pool, put on their mask, and leave it on until they return to the pool.
Swim Camp Details
$550* – Early bird price – expires 3/15
$600* – Standard price – expires 4/18
$650* – Late registration price
- 3 days
- Start: April 30, 2021 4:00 PM
- End: May 2, 2021 12:00 Noon
- North Shore Aquatic Center, St. Petersburg FL (pool sessions)
- Spa Beach, St. Petersburg FL (open water sessions)
Pool & open water sessions:
- 10 hours of pool & open water swim instruction & training
- Instruction in effective distance freestyle technique in an open water context
- Maximum of 24 campers with 3 coaches on deck
Pre-swim dryland exercises:
- Daily regimen of swim specific strength and flexibility exercises
- Small class size (12) discussion of key stroke elements using examples of video captured from the weekend.
- Review of correct & incorrect form
Take home video capture:
- Each athlete will receive a video of their swim as a takeaway
Optional endless pool swim analysis ($150):
- 1 hour one on one endless pool swim video capture & analysis with a coach
- Only 6 slots available
Note: *An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. In addition, a credit card processing fee of $20 will also be assessed. Accommodation, and other associated travel costs are not included in the fee for this camp.
We recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic creates considerable uncertainty for every athlete thinking about attending the camp. To support you in this uncertain time, we have established the following policies to protect your investment.
Camp Cancellation: Should the camp be cancelled, you will be refunded your registration fee minus a $100 non-refundable deposit. Unfortunately, we are unable to fully refund the cost of registration because costs have already been incurred.
Registration Purchase Protection: You may purchase optional, additional protection for your registration that provides a full refund if you be unable to attend due to testing positive for COVID-19 prior to the camp, if the camp is postponed because the government has forced us to postpone (up to 90 days), and other qualifying unforeseen circumstances. Please review the Terms & Conditions for the exact terms of the purchase protection policy. NOTE: This purchase protection plan does not cover cancellation of the camp nor if you choose not to attend.
Registration Transfers: Although registration for this camp is nonrefundable, you may request to transfer your reservation to a friend or a person on the waitlist should you no longer wish to attend. To request a transfer, contact the camp director at email@example.com. You will be given a link to transfer your registration. A refund will be processed upon successful transfer of your registration to another registrant minus a $50 transfer fee.
These policies do not cover any other costs incurred by the registrant, such as travel and lodging.