Begin the new year feeling that you have brought your cycling to a new level!
This popular indoor, Zwift-based program is perfect for cyclists of all levels looking to build a robust endurance foundation before commencing race-specific training in the new year, and for triathletes who want to focus on their cycling before transitioning to multi-sport training in the new year.
Increase your Functional Threshold Power, improve cycling mechanics, and develop endurance. Gain an understanding of your specific strengths and limiters and track your progress through regular testing protocols.
Choose from one of two options:
- Option 1: 12 week program – Ideal for cyclists or triathletes who want to build a foundation of strength and endurance on the bicycle, prior to starting race-specific training in January. (January is an excellent starting point to prepare for early-season races).
- Option 2: 24 week extended program – For athletes considering participating in the Strong Like Bull Training Camp in Spain (Spring 2022) and/or preparing for long distance events, or simply just extend your indoor training season with some more challenging cycling.
Group workouts (3 per week) are interactive, no-drop rides, with feedback & discussion of training concepts and goals from a professional cycling coach. Solo workouts are also prescribed each week. Athletes will be guided through specific progression of bike workouts and individual testing. The program culminates with a virtual race/group ride event as a way to test new skills and abilities.
Requirements: Athletes will require a Zwift subscription, Power Meter and/or Smart Trainer, or Standard Trainer with speed/cadence sensors to enroll in this program. Should you have questions regarding your technology, please contact Coach Peter prior to enrolling in the program.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: As of Oct 1, 2021, and without exception, all participants in Startline Coaching programs must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attendance at any and all in-person Startline Coaching training or clinic sessions.
Off-Season Indoor Cycling Program Details
- 12 Week program
- Start: Oct 26 2021
- End: Jan 16 2022
- 24 Week extended program
- Start: Oct 26 2021
- End: Apr 10 2022
- Streaming of athletes into different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Strength work focused on improving durability & injury prevention
- Bike technique instruction
- Online: Zoom + Zwift meetup rides
- Tuesday morning @ 6:30 am (Online)
- Thursday evening bike @ 7:00 pm (Online)
- Sunday morning bike @ 8:00 am (Online)
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for groups announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations, videos & other resources
- Group chat
Note: * This program is a USAT sanctioned event. As such, additional USAT waiver fees will be assessed by USAT for NON USAT members. USAT Sanctioning 1) provides the gold standard of insurance protection for the program, athlete, and venue and; 2) delivers athletes peace of mind by ensuring industry wide safety standards. Startline Coaching recommends all athletes become USAT annual members rather than pay individual program USAT waiver fees.
In addition, a credit card processing fee of $25 will be assessed. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated costs are not included in the fee for this program. No refunds are available for this program.