The off season is a wonderful time to cycle, explore new terrain in the crisp air of the fall with your fellow cyclists, work on cycling limiters, and set a firm endurance foundation for 2021. 2020 has also been an especially challenging year where many athletes find themselves significantly detrained compared to usual at this time of year.
This 12 week program is designed specifically for those seeking to improve their cycling power, mechanics, and endurance. Athletes will gain an understanding of their specific strengths and weaknesses and track their progress throughout the program. The principal focus will be to establish an endurance foundation for next seasons training season.
The off season cycling program is new in 2021, and will be a combination of outdoor group sessions (weather permitting) and indoor Zwift sessions, culminating in a challenging Zwift long group ride at the end of the program. The program will be a perfect leaping off point for those looking to travel to Spain this spring for the Strong like Bull Training Camp or begin specific race preparation in the new year. Navigate your way through the holiday season!
In a group setting, athletes will be guided through specific progression of bike workouts & strength exercises that culminate in a baseline setting virtual race/group ride event.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 Pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: Athletes will require a Zwift subscription, Power Meter and/or Smart Trainer to enroll in this program. Should you have questions regarding your technology please contact Coach Peter prior to enrolling in the program.
Off Season Bike program details
- 12 Weeks
- Start: Oct 19, 2020
- End: Jan 10, 2021
Group training sessions:
- Online: Zoom & Zwift sessions
- Outdoor: Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @ 15 Street & Prospect Park West
- Tuesday morning: @ 6:30 am (Online only)
- Thursday evening bike @ 7:00 pm (Outdoor weather permitting or Online)
- Sunday morning bike @ 8:00 am (Outdoor weather permitting or Online)
- No bag watch will be provided
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
- Season plan streaming athletes into different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 3 group training sessions/week
- Daily solo workouts
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Swim, run, rowing, & strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes.
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for groups announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations, Videos & other resources
- Group chat
Note: **An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. In addition, a credit card processing fee of $15 will also be assessed. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. No refunds are available for this program.