Has your swimming reached a plateau? Are you a looking for a way to improve over longer distance triathlons? If you are an intermediate or advanced swimmer seeking to breakthrough, this program is for you. Swim speed requires increasingly efficient technique, rhythm and timing, combined with swim specific fitness.
This 10 session course will improve your fitness, technique & power. The program provides a coached progression that refines technique, and works extensively on tempo, capturing momentum, and race pacing. Athletes will receive feedback on form in each session while being challenged physically.
The class is limited to 12 participants so there is lots of individual attention. With 3 lanes of a 25 yard pool dedicated to the class, there is adequate space for all swimmers.
Intermediate-advanced experience levels are best suited for this program. Participants will receive one-on-one coaching, and in addition to weekly group sessions will be provided with two additional swim workouts to do on your own to reinforce skills learned in class.
Note: All participants should be able to swim 1000 yards at ~1:50/100 yard pace.
Winter triathlete swim
(endurance & power)
- Start: Jan 29, 2020
- End: Apr 8, 2020
- Dates with no training session March 4.
- 11 weeks
- 10 coached training sessions
Group training sessions:
- Wednesdays @6:30 am – 7:30 am
- Medgar Evers College Pool – 1150 Carroll St
- 3 dedicated lanes
- Maximum of 12 athletes
- No towel service
- Athletes must bring their own swim equipment
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach feedback @ scheduled group training sessions
- Weekly detailed training plan
- 1 group training session/week
- 2 prescribed solo workouts
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and setting of training zones
- Strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations & resources
- Group chat
Required athlete equipment:
- Pull buoy
- Fins – (Finis Floating fins)
- Hand paddles (TYR Catalyst 2 – max size medium)
- Tempo Trainer (Finis Tempo trainer)
- Athletes should attend practice with all equipment
Note: *An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. No refunds are available for this program.
Note: **An additional $30 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. A $250 refund is available for this program should an athlete become injured prior to April 1 and be unable to complete the program.