Do you struggle to remain motivated to ride the bike through the Winter? Are you seeking a significant jump in your cycling performance for 2021? Would you like to understand more about your own cycling limiters and participate in a structured cycling development program? Blast through the cold depths of winter cycling in a group environment, working together, suffering together, and being coached through your workouts and come into the season with a stronger base than ever before.
This 12 week program is designed specifically for those seeking to improve their cycling power, mechanics, and endurance. Athletes will gain an understanding of their specific strengths and weaknesses and track their progress throughout the program. The principal focus will be to boost FTP, V02Max, & cycling stamina in preparation for race specific training that begins in the Spring.
The winter season cycling program will be a progression of coached indoor Zwift sessions 3 times a week + additional solo cross training & cycling sessions. The program will establish a robust base that is relevant to cyclists competing in multiple cycling disciplines and triathletes competing in a variety of triathlon distances. Athletes will be streamed based upon their existing athletic capabilities so that athletes of varying levels of fitness are supported.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: As of Oct 1, 2021, and without exception, all participants in Startline Coaching programs must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attendance at any and all live Startline Coaching training or clinic sessions.
Note: Athletes will require a Zwift subscription, Power Meter and/or Smart Trainer to enroll in this program. Should you have questions regarding your technology please contact Coach Peter prior to enrolling in the program.
Winter Bike program details
- 12 Weeks
- Start: Jan 19, 2021
- End: Apr 11, 2021
Group training sessions:
- Online: Zoom & Zwift sessions
- Tuesday morning: @ 6:30 am (Online)
- Thursday evening bike @ 7:00 pm (Online)
- Sunday afternoon bike @ 3:00 pm (Online)
- No bag watch will be provided
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
- Season plan streaming athletes into different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 3 group training sessions/week
- Daily solo workouts including cycling, running, strength & cross-training
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for groups announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations, Videos & other resources
- Group chat
Note: **An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. In addition, a credit card processing fee of $15 will also be assessed. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. No refunds are available for this program.