Through the cold depths of winter it can be challenging to stay motivated to get on the bike. Often athletes miss out on the opportunity to either maintain existing bike strength and develop it further before race preparation training begins in the spring.
This 12 week program is designed specifically for those seeking to improve their cycling power, mechanics, and endurance. Athletes will gain an understanding of their specific strengths and weaknesses and track their progress throughout the program. The principal focus will be to boost FTP, V02Max, & cycling stamina in preparation for race specific training.
The winter season cycling program is new in 2021, and will be a combination of outdoor group sessions (weather permitting) and indoor Zwift sessions. The program will establish a robust base that is relevant to cyclists competing in multiple cycling disciplines and triathletes competing in a variety of triathlon distances. Athletes will be streamed based upon their existing athletic capabilities so that athletes of varying levels of fitness are supported.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 Pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow the USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: Athletes will require a Zwift subscription, Power Meter and/or Smart Trainer to enroll in this program. Should you have questions regarding your technology please contact Coach Peter prior to enrolling in the program.
Winter Bike program details
- 12 Weeks
- Start: Jan 19, 2021
- End: Apr 11, 2021
Group training sessions:
- Online: Zoom & Zwift sessions
- Outdoor: Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @ 15 Street & Prospect Park West
- Tuesday morning: @ 6:30 am (Online only)
- Thursday evening bike @ 7:00 pm (Outdoor weather permitting or Online)
- Sunday morning bike @ 8:00 am (Outdoor weather permitting or Online)
- No bag watch will be provided
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
- Season plan streaming athletes into different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 3 group training sessions/week
- Daily solo workouts
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Swim, run, rowing, & strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes.
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for groups announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations, Videos & other resources
- Group chat
Note: *An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated training & racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. No refunds are available for this program.