Welcome! I am really looking forward to working with you on your training journey this year.
Kickoff & Check-in
22-Wk & 26-Wk Triathlon Program
Kickoff & check-in is on Jan 22, 2021 @ 8:00 am. We will meet at the little grass triangle at the 15 St. entrance of Prospect Park, Brooklyn.
11-Wk Triathlon Program
Kickoff & check-in is on Apr 23, 2021 @ 8:00 am. We will meet at the little grass triangle at the 15 St. entrance of Prospect Park, Brooklyn.
At check-in, please attend with proof of USAT membership. This program is a USAT Sanctioned event and covered by USAT insurance. If you do not present proof of active membership at the first group workout you attend, you will be assessed a $15 USAT one day event waiver fee and will be asked to sign a USAT waiver.
Group Workouts – Times & locations
We typically meet as a group twice each week:
- Saturdays: 8:00am
- Wednesdays: 7:00pm
Unless otherwise posted in the Facebook group (see below), the meeting location is the little grass triangle at the 15 St. entrance of Prospect Park.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: As of Oct 1, 2021, and without exception, all participants in Startline Coaching programs must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attendance at any and all in-person Startline Coaching training or clinic sessions.
Complete these steps before Kickoff
Get your Training Accounts Connected/Synced
- Establish a TrainingPeaks account and connect it to my coaching account.
- Follow this link to establish a connection between your account and mine. https://home.trainingpeaks.com/attachtocoach?sharedKey=KUSWJMHCRR736
I will be posting all workouts and be reviewing your workouts through TrainingPeaks. You do not need a premium subscription to participate in the program. A free subscription is perfectly functional for receiving & uploading workouts
Once our accounts are connected, you should expect your TrainingPeaks calendar to begin to populate. I typically load workouts in blocks 3-4 weeks so you can look ahead. You will receive a daily email with your assigned workouts.
- Establish a sync between TrainingPeaks & your Garmin/Polar/Other device.
- Here is a useful links to get this established: https://www.trainingpeaks.com/upload/
This will automate the upload & down of workouts to your head unit/watch etc.
Let’s do this!
- The best part of a group program is direct instruction at group workouts. Do everything you can to attend, and be sure to ask questions.
- Make notes in your TrainingPeaks calendar. I do review these points. I will not always respond. Should I see anything of concern, I will be sure to respond. Making notes is very important because it allows us both to review your comments historically to pick up on trends, fatigue, injuries, etc.
- Do text me on my cell for quick questions that require rapid response.
- Email me for questions that need a more comprehensive response and can afford a little time for a response. I typically respond by the next business day.
Let the journey begin.