For the fifth year, Startline Coaching is offering a USAT-sanctioned triathlon group training program for spring 2019 and at the same low price as 2018! Prepare for a late May or early June Olympic or Half Ironman/70.3 event while enjoying the beauty of winter and early spring in Prospect Park! Nothing motivates like training in a group setting. Head into the summer and fall 2019 race season strong and fit.
The program is designed for experienced and intermediate level endurance athletes. Whether you are looking to qualify for Nationals, race further or faster, or simply get back in the game, this program offers something for you.
Athletes are streamed (basic, intermediate, advanced) based upon current fitness and athletic progression. Focus is on skills mastery, functional strength, race strategy and pacing, and aerobic development.
Here are the details:
22-week spring event group training program
- Start date: Saturday, January 12, 2019
- End Date: Sunday June 2, 2019: Olympic and Half Ironman races.
Athletes can choose between Olympic & Half Ironman training options. The program will be designed for peaking for an early June race. This year we will training for Jersey man Olympic & IM CT 70.03. Athletes may choose a different race. A race date between May 15 – June 16 is recommended.
Group Training Sessions (GTS):
- Wednesdays nights, 7:00 p.m. Meet at 15th St/Prospect Park
- Saturday mornings: 8:00 a.m. Meet at 15th St/Prospect Park
- Saturday GTS may involve away trips when the weather is better
No bag watch will be provided.
There will be no swim GTS sessions, but swim workouts will be prescribed as part of the weekly training plan. For athletes who do not have access to a pool or seek direct swim instruction, enrolling in a separate swim program is recommended.
Weekly training plans:
- You will be able to view upcoming workouts via Mobile App & will receive a daily email from Training peaks specifying workout details for the day.
- Athletes who choose will have the ability to enter and comment on their workouts, and to upload their training data into Training Peaks. Athletes will receive feedback by coaching staff on data & their comments.
- Athletes will be provided training progressions based upon experience and capability.
- $550 per athlete for USAT annual members
- $580 per athlete for athletes who do not hold a current USAT annual membership
Fees are payable by January 31, 2019. Startline coaching will invoice you via Paypal after successful completion of all registration materials.
Refund Policy: Athletes who withdraw due to injury during the first 3 months of the program (by March 31) will receive a refund of $200 of the total fee. Otherwise, refunds are not available.
Athletes are responsible for race registration fees and travel expenses.
Please complete the following registration papers and email to Coach Peter
- Coaching Agreement
- USAT Event Waiver – Event #300208 – 2019 Startline Coaching Brooklyn Winter Training Progression
- USAT Event Waiver – Event #300209 – 2019 Startline Coaching Brooklyn Spring Training Progression
Note: This training program is comprised of two sequenced USAT adult clinic events. Registering for the program will require an athlete to complete both USAT Event Waivers (noted above), while also completing the coaching agreement.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to email Coach Peter or schedule an appointment to speak one on one.
Signup for the program closes Jan 31, 2019
Looking forward to training in the park together!