After a long season of training and racing, it is essential for athletes to recharge with more variety and less training volume. However, too often the off season results in fitness loss, weight gain, and a significant hill to climb into the following years training. The fall is a beautiful time to be outside and to work on limiters and skills! Head into 2019 with a firm foundation, and readiness to train for your chosen events. Navigate your way through the holidays!
The program is designed for experienced and intermediate level endurance athletes, who are looking to address core strength limiters and running speed potential in the off season, and keep up their motivation. Guidance will be given to enrolled athletes on planning their 2019 season.
Here are the details:
11-week off season group training program
- Start date: Saturday, November 3, 2018
- End Date: January 20, 2019
Athletes should select an early January 10 kilometer or 10 mile race for their final baseline effort.
Group Training Sessions (GTS):
- Wednesdays nights, 7:00 p.m. Meet at 15th St/Prospect Park
- Saturday mornings: 8:00 a.m. Meet at 15th St/Prospect Park
- Saturday GTS may involve away trips if weather allows
No bag watch will be provided.
There will be no swim GTS sessions. The program will be focused on running, cross training, and core strength development. Bike & swim workouts may be prescribed as part of the weekly training plan for variety and skill development.
Weekly training plans:
- You will be able to view upcoming workouts via Mobile App & will receive a daily email from Training peaks specifying workout details for the day.
- Athletes who choose will have the ability to enter and comment on their workouts, and to upload their training data into Training Peaks. Athletes will receive feedback by coaching staff on data & their comments.
- Athletes will be provided training progressions based upon experience and capability.
- $220 per athlete for USAT annual members
- $235 per athlete for athletes who do not hold a current USAT annual membership
Fees are payable by November 17, 2018. Startline Coaching will invoice you via Paypal after successful completion of all registration materials.
Refund Policy: Refunds are not available.
Athletes are responsible for race registration fees and travel expenses.
Please complete the following registration papers and email to Coach Peter
- Coaching Agreement
- USAT Event Waiver – Event #302207 – 2018 Brooklyn Off Season Training Progression
Note: This training program is a USAT adult clinic event. Registering for the program will require an athlete to complete the USAT Event Waiver for the event denoted above.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to email Coach Peter or schedule an appointment to speak one on one.
Looking forward to training in the park together!