Celebrating the seventh year of this program! Prepare for a late May or June Sprint, Olympic or Half Ironman/70.3 event while enjoying the beauty of winter and early spring in Prospect Park! Nothing motivates like training in a group setting. Head into the 2021 racing season ready to race.
Athletes are streamed (basic, intermediate, advanced) based upon current fitness, goals, and athletic progression. Focus is on skills mastery, functional strength, race strategy and pacing, and aerobic development.
This program prepares athletes of all levels for Sprint, Olympic or Half Ironman distances and is excellent early season preparation for advanced athletes who will compete at USAT Nationals, Ironman Lake Placid, Ironman Mont Tremblant, or Ironman Maryland.
While training as a team, athletes will enjoy the camaraderie and encouragement of team mates. Effort and support of others is the cultural center of the team. The team is diverse, has a wide range of ages, and is gender balanced.
Target A races for athletes within the program are:
- Jersey Man Triathlon (Sprint & Olympic Distance) – May 16, 2021 (anticipated)
- Ironman 70.3 Blue Ridge – June 6, 2021
- Mighty Montauk Triathlon – June 13, 2021
- Ironman 70.3 Eagleman – June 13, 2021
- Pat Griskus (Sprint & Olympic Distance) – June 19, 2021 (anticipated)
- Patriot Half (Half Iron distance) – June 19, 2021
- Ironman 70.3 Des Moines – June 20, 2021
Training races for the team program are:
- March Classic Duathlon – March 27, 2021 (anticipated)
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 Pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow the USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Spring Triathlon program details
- 21 Weeks
- Start: January 23, 2021
- End: June 13, 2021
Group training sessions:
- Located in Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @ 15 st & Prospect Park West
- Wednesday evening run @ 7 pm
- Saturday morning run or bike @ 8 am
- No bag watch will be provided
- Season plan streaming athletes into different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 2 group training sessions/week (run and bike)
- Daily solo workouts in all 3 sports (swim, bike, & run)
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Rowing, & strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes.
- Note: No direct swim instruction as part of this program
Race planning & analysis:
- Individualized pacing plans for all races. Recommendations on pace, power, heart rate, & fueling/hydration
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations & resources
- Group chat
Note: **An additional $30 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. A $250 refund is available for this program should an athlete become injured prior to April 1 and be unable to complete the program.