Celebrating the sixth year of this program! Prepare for a late May or June Sprint, Olympic or Half Ironman/70.3 event while enjoying the beauty of winter and early spring in Prospect Park! Nothing motivates like training in a group setting. Head into the 2020 racing season fit and ready to race.
Athletes are streamed (basic, intermediate, advanced) based upon current fitness, goals, and athletic progression. Focus is on skills mastery, functional strength, race strategy and pacing, and aerobic development.
This program prepares athletes of all levels for Sprint, Olympic or Half Ironman distances and is excellent early season preparation for advanced athletes who will compete at USAT Nationals, Ironman Lake Placid, Ironman Mont Tremblant, or Ironman Maryland.
While training as a team, athletes will enjoy the camaraderie and encouragement of team mates. Effort and support of others is the cultural center of the team. The team is diverse, has a wide range of ages, and is gender balanced.
Target A races for the team are:
- Jersey Man Triathlon (Sprint & Olympic Distance) – May 17, 2020
- Ironman CT 70.3 – May 31, 2020
- Pat Griskus (Sprint & Olympic Distance) – June 20, 2020
- Patriot Half (Half Iron distance) – June 20, 2020
- Ironman IA Des Moines 70.3 – June 21, 2020
Interim training races for the team program are:
- Al Gordon 4M – February, 23, 2020
- March Classic Duathlon – March 29, 2020
- NYC Spring Half – May 3, 2020
Spring Triathlon program details
- Start: January 25, 2020
- End: June 26, 2020
Group training sessions:
- Located in Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @ 15 st & Prospect Park West
- Wednesday evening run @ 7 pm
- Saturday morning run @ 8 am
- No bag watch will be provided
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
- Season plan streaming athletes into 3 different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program.
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 2 group training sessions/week
- Daily solo workouts
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Rowing & strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes
- Note: No direct swim instruction
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations & resources
- Group chat
Race planning & analysis:
- Individualized pacing plans for all races. Recommendations on pace, heart rate, & fueling/hydration
Note: *An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. No refunds are available for this program.
Note: **An additional $30 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. A $250 refund is available for this program should an athlete become injured prior to April 1 and be unable to complete the program.