Are you a middle or back of the pack swimmer that can’t figure out how to improve? Are you frustrated when others seem to swim faster so effortlessly? Do you finish the swim leg of a triathlon feeling drained? Do you struggle in the open water?
Swimming is the most technique-driven of the three triathlon disciplines, and if any of the above scenarios feel familiar, your issue is most likely not just endurance — it’s form and technique. With spring races on the horizon, commit to improving your swim leg.
Designed for ALL PACES and experience levels, this 10 session course will pinpoint your areas of improvement, introduce skills and drills to “fix” your stroke, and then put those skills to practice. The class is limited to 12 participants so there is lots of individual attention. We will have 3 lanes of a 25 yard pool dedicated to the class so that there is adequate space for swimmers of all abilities.
The program provides a coached progression of technique refinement, working extensively on reducing resistance through efficient body position & alignment, and developing & maintaining momentum through efficient stroke timing and catch technique. Strong technique enables even pacing, a straight swim, and the most efficient Triathlon swim leg that gets you out of the water sooner and with less energy deficit.
Participants will receive one-on-one coaching, and in addition to weekly group sessions, will be provided with two additional swim workouts to do on your own to reinforce skills learned in class.
All participants must be able to swim 200 yards continuously.
Given the scheduling uncertainty related to Covid-19, athletes have the opportunity to preregister. Preregistration allows you to save your space in these fast closing sessions at no cost, pending final confirmation that the swim programs will proceed.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 Pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow the USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Spring triathlete swim
(technique & endurance)
- Start: Apr 21, 2021
- End: June 25, 2021
- 10 Weeks
- 10 coached training sessions
Group training sessions:
- Two class options:
- Wednesday @6:30 am – 7:30 am
- Fridays @6:30 am – 7:30 am
- Medgar Evers College Pool – 1150 Carroll St
- 3 dedicated lanes
- Maximum of 12 athletes
- No towel service
- Athletes must bring their own swim equipment
- Weekly detailed training plan
- 1 group training session/week
- 2 prescribed solo workouts
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and setting of training zones
- Strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach feedback @ scheduled group training sessions
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations & resources
- Group chat
Required athlete equipment:
- Pull buoy
- Fins – (Finis Floating fins)
- Hand paddles (TYR Catalyst 2 – max size medium)
- Tempo Trainer (Finis Tempo trainer)
- Athletes should attend practice with all equipment
Note: *An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated training & racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. No refunds are available for this program.