Your first race is on the horizon and you now have established your swim fitness. Now is the time to prepare for the demands of your swim event. A good swim is competitive, straight, and energy efficient.
The open water focused program provides a coached 6 week progression of race effort & open water swimming that develops and refines your open water technique. Come out of this program a more confident, and capable open water swimmer. Refine your breathing, sighting, drafting, exits & entries. Learn to pace your race more effectively and deal with adverse race conditions.
The program includes 4 coached 2 hour open water sessions where participants will receive one-on-one coaching from multiple experienced coaches. In addition to open water sessions, athletes will be provided with two-three additional swim workouts to do on your own to reinforce skills learned in class. Classes are capped at 24 athletes to ensure an optimal experience that balances one on one instruction and race environment simulation.
Note: All participants should be able to swim 1000 yards
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: As of Oct 1, 2021, and without exception, all participants in Startline Coaching programs must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attendance at any and all in-person Startline Coaching training or clinic sessions.
race preparation program
- Start: June 4, 2022
- End: July 15, 2022
- 6 weeks
- Saturdays @10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Meet at 9:30 am for dryland warmup
- Coney Island Beach @W 10 St
- 2 coaches
- Maximum of 24 athletes
- No bag watch (please minimize additional items at the beach
- Athletes must bring their own swim equipment – (no sharing)
- Note: No Saturday session on June 18, 2022 & July 2, 2022
- Weekly detailed training plan
- 4 * 2 hour open water clinics
- 2-3 prescribed solo workouts/week
- Strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on one coach feedback @ scheduled group training sessions
Required athlete equipment:
- Swim buddy (open water buoy)
- Athletes should attend practice with all equipment
Note: *A credit card processing fee of 3% will be assessed if a credit card is used for payment. Venmo payments are available without a processing fee. In addition, $15 USAT one-day waiver fees will be assessed at program check-in for all NON USAT members. No refunds are available for this program. Accommodation, and other associated travel costs are not included in the fee for this camp.