Welcome! I am really looking forward to working with you on your training journey this year.
The following onboarding guide will get you connected with the rest of the Startline Coaching athletes and help you through all the onboarding steps.
Connect to the Startline Coaching Programs Facebook group
To connect to the group, please Like Startline Coaching on Facebook and I will invite you to the Group. You can like Startline Coaching on this page.
I use the group for rapid communications to athletes, training session cancellations, and many other notifications. The group is private community and a resource for all athletes with presentations and other helpful resources. Athletes use the group to coordinate with each other as well. Running late to a Group Training Session? Tell the group on Facebook!
Note: At this stage, I am still using Facebook for group communication. An evaluation of other options is under way because it is time to move away from Facebook. But for this season, I am going to stick with it. This will take a bit of time but viable options are starting to appear, My goal is to integrate the solution with startlinecoaching.com outside of a social media platform.
Get your Training Accounts Connected/Synced
- Establish a TrainingPeaks account and connect it to my coaching account.
- Follow this link to establish a connection between your account and mine. https://home.trainingpeaks.com/attachtocoach?sharedKey=KUSWJMHCRR736
I will be posting all workouts and be reviewing your workouts through TrainingPeaks. You do not need a premium subscription to participate in the program. A free subscription is perfectly functional for receiving & uploading workouts
- Establish a sync between TrainingPeaks & your Garmin/Polar/Other device.
- Here is a useful links to get this established: https://www.trainingpeaks.com/upload/
This will automate the upload & down of workouts to your head unit/watch etc.
Covid-19 Safety protocols
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: As of Oct 1, 2021, and without exception, all participants in Startline Coaching programs must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attendance at any and all in-person Startline Coaching training or clinic sessions.
Group Workouts – Times & locations
We meet as a group twice each week as follows:
- Saturdays: 8:00am
- Wednesdays: 7:00pm
We meet at the little grass triangle at the 15 St. entrance of Prospect Park unless otherwise posted in the Facebook group above.
Once everything is in order you should expect you TrainingPeaks calendar to begin to populate very shortly and our journey will begin.
Our first workout is on Oct 23, 2021 @ 8:00 am. We meet at the little grass triangle at the 15 St. entrance of Prospect Park. Should you need to sign a USAT 1 Day Waiver because you are not an active USAT member, I will be Connecticut Muffin @7:30 am with waiver forms that I will ask you to sign before attending the first workout.
As discussed, I look forward to an interactive coaching relationship.
- You will receive direct instruction at group workouts. Please be sure to ask questions and actively further your knowledge of endurance training.
- Make notes in your TrainingPeaks calendar. I do review these points. I will not always respond but should I see anything of concern or that requires a response, I will be sure to respond.
- Do text me on my cell for quick questions that require rapid response.
- Email me for questions that need a more comprehensive response and can afford a little time for a response. I typically respond by the next business day.
Let the journey begin.