Designed for athletes with a solid endurance foundation and who are looking for professionally coached and in-person race preparation sequence for Olympic distance triathlon races in the July & August time frame. Focus: Peak for an optimal A race performance.
This 15-week progression is perfect for athletes looking to compete in the following races:
- NYC Triathlon
- New Jersey State Triathlon
- USAT Age Group Nationals
Whether you have been training during the winter in all 3 sports or have been over weighting development of a single sport, this progression will transition you to compete your best in all 3 sports. Don’t miss the opportunity to be professionally coached, and train together as a group with a common race objective.
Focus is on skills mastery, functional strength, race strategy and pacing, and event specific preparation. Athletes will be streamed into different progressions based upon prior current fitness, and sport-specific strengths and weaknesses.
While training as a team, athletes will enjoy the camaraderie and encouragement of team mates. Effort and support of others is the cultural center of the team. The team is diverse, has a wide range of ages, and is gender balanced.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 Pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
15-Week Olympic Triathlon program
- 15 Weeks
- Start: April 24, 2021
- End: Aug 8, 2021
Group training sessions:
- Located in Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @15 St. & Prospect Park West
- Wednesday evening run @ 7 pm
- Saturday morning run or bike @ 8 am
- No bag watch will be provided
- Located at Brighton Beach (Brooklyn NY) @ Grimaldo’s chair – Brighton 6th St.
- Sunday morning Open Water swims @ 10 am starting after Memorial Day (Excl. July 4)
- No bag watch will be provided
- Note: No Saturday session on 5/1, 5/29, 6/19, & 7/3.
- Season plan streaming athletes into different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 2-3 group training sessions/week (run, bike, & open water swim)
- Daily solo workouts in all 3 sports (swim, bike, & run)
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Rowing, & strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes.
- Note: No direct in pool swim instruction is part of this program. Direct swim instruction is limited to open water swim sessions only.
Race planning & analysis:
- Individualized pacing plans for all races. Recommendations on pace, power, heart rate, & fueling/hydration
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations & resources
- Group chat
Note: **An additional $30 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. In addition, a credit card processing fee of $15 will also be assessed. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. No refunds are available for this program.