After a long season of training and racing, it is essential for athletes to recharge with more variety and less training volume. However, too often the off season results in fitness loss, weight gain, and a significant hill to climb into the following years training.
The fall is a beautiful time to be outside and to work on limiters and skills! Head into 2020 with a firm foundation, and readiness to train for your chosen events. Navigate your way through the holidays!
The Off Season program is a perennial favorite that culminates in two baseline setting race events:
- NYRR Joe Klienerman 10K on Jan 5, 2020
- SRC Run to the Brewery 10M on Jan 19, 2020
Off Season program details
- Start: Nov 2, 2019
- End: Jan 19, 2020
Group training sessions:
- Located in Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @ 15 st & Prospect Park West
- Wednesday evening run @ 7 pm
- Saturday morning run @ 8 am
- No bag watch will be provided
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
- Season plan streaming athletes into 3 different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program.
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 2 group training sessions/week
- Daily solo workouts
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Swim, bike, rowing, and strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations & resources
- Group chat
Race planning & analysis:
- Individualized pacing plans for all races. Recommendations on pace, heart rate, & fueling/hydration
Note: *An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program.
Note: **An additional $30 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program.