Too often the off season results in fitness loss, weight gain, and a significant hill to climb into the following years training. 2020 has also been an especially challenging year where many athletes find themselves significantly detrained compared to usual at this time of year.
This 12 week program is designed specifically for those seeking to improve their running technique, endurance, & speed. The fall is a beautiful time to be outside and to work on limiters and skills! Head into 2021 with a firm running foundation and readiness to train for your chosen events.
The off season run program is a perennial favorite that culminates in two baseline setting race events:
- NYRR Joe Klienerman 10K on Jan 4, 2021 or Virtual 10k run event
- SRC Run to the Brewery 10M on Jan 17, 2021 or Virtual 10M run event
In a group setting, athletes will be guided through a specific progression of drills, strength exercises, and run workouts.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 Pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow the USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Off Season Run program details
- 12 Weeks
- Start: Oct 24, 2020
- End: Jan 16, 2021
Group training sessions:
- Outdoor: Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @ 15 Street & Prospect Park West
- Wednesday evening run @ 7:00 pm (Outdoor only)
- Saturday morning run @ 8:00 am (Outdoor only)
- No bag watch will be provided
- Season plan streaming athletes into 3 different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 2 group training sessions/week
- Daily solo workouts
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Swim, bike, rowing, and strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes.
Race planning & analysis:
- Individualized pacing plans for all races. Recommendations on pace, heart rate, & fueling/hydration
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations, Videos & other resources
- Group chat
Note: *An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated training & racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. No refunds are available for this program.