Too often the off-season results in fitness loss, weight gain, and a significant hill to climb in the next year’s training.
This popular 10-Wk run program is perfect for runners of all levels looking to build a robust endurance foundation before commencing race-specific training in the new year, and for triathletes who want to strengthen their running before starting multi-sport training in the new year.
Competing in a spring marathon? Extend your training and prep for your race with a 24-week marathon preparation program.
The fall is a beautiful time to be outside and to work on limiters and skills! Improve your running technique, endurance, and speed. Head into 2024 with a firm running foundation and readiness to train for your chosen events.
Choose from one of two options:
- Option 1: 10 week run focus program – Ideal for triathletes who want to focus on their run prior to starting race-specific training in January. (January is an excellent starting point to prepare for early-season races). Program culminates with the following marquis events:
- NYRR Joe Kleinerman 10K on Jan 6, 2024
- SRC Run to the Blue Point Brewery 10M on Jan 13, 2024
- Option 2: 24 week marathon prep program – Ideal for new & experienced runners. This program extends the 10-week program and prepares athletes for a Spring marathon event over the next 14 weeks. The program is timed to peak athletes for the following events or an event with similar timing:
- Boston Marathon on April 15, 2024
- Jersey City Marathon on April 14, 2024
- Big Sur Marathon on April 28, 2024
Group workouts (2 per week). Athletes will be professionally coached through a specific progression of drills, strength exercises, individual testing, and run workouts.
Note: No group workouts are scheduled during the week of Jan 1. In addition, no group workout is scheduled on Jan 24. Solo workouts will be prescribed on these dates.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of COVID-19. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: As of Oct 1, 2021, and without exception, all participants in Startline Coaching programs must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attendance at any and all in-person Startline Coaching training or clinic sessions.
Off-Season Run Program Details
- 10 Week 10K / 10M PR program
- Start: Nov 4, 2023
- End: Jan 13, 2024
- 24 Week Marathon Prep program
- Start: Nov 4, 2023
- End: Apr 28, 2024
2 group run training sessions/week + additional solo workouts:
- Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @ 15 Street & Prospect Park West
- Wednesday evening run @ 7:00 pm
- Saturday morning run @ 8:00 am
- No bag watch will be provided
- Streaming of athletes into different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Target race
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access to workout plan via Training Peaks
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Run technique instruction
- Swim, bike, rowing, or strength workouts will also be prescribed for cross training purposes
- Strength work focused on improving durability & injury prevention
Race planning & analysis:
- Individualized pacing plans for all races. Recommendations on pace, heart rate, & fueling/hydration
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
Team Discord server:
- Closed server for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations, Videos & other resources
- Group chat
Note: * This program is a USAT sanctioned event. As such, additional USAT waiver fees will be assessed by USAT for NON USAT members. USAT Sanctioning 1) provides the gold standard of insurance protection for the program, athlete, and venue and; 2) delivers athletes peace of mind by ensuring industry wide safety standards. Startline Coaching recommends all athletes become USAT annual members rather than pay individual program USAT waiver fees.
A credit card processing fee of 3% will be assessed if a credit card is used for payment. Zelle payments are available without a processing fee. Additional $15 USAT one-day waiver fee(s) will be assessed at program check-in for all NON USAT members. No refunds are available for this program.
The registration fee for group programs is non-refundable except under the following circumstances.
Program Cancellation: Should your program be cancelled, you will be refunded your registration fee.
Registration Transfers: You may request to transfer your registration to a friend or a person on the waitlist should you no longer wish to attend. To request a transfer, contact Head Coach Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be given a link to transfer your registration. A refund will be processed upon successful transfer of your registration to another registrant minus a $50 transfer fee.
These policies do not cover any other costs incurred by the registrant, such as travel, USAT fees, and lodging.