Would you like to be fit enough to run a strong half marathon by April? Have you always wanted to get detailed feedback about your running form and efficiency?
The Startline winter run program is designed for the self-directed athlete who wants to take their run preparation to the next level.
This 12-week program begins with two, in-person group training sessions to learn about running form, practice key drills, and capture video of your running. The next 10 weeks will include a once-weekly, coach-led group Zoom session to work on strength & flexibility. These Zoom group sessions provide the opportunity for ongoing coach Q & A as well as organizing running partner meet ups. Each athlete will also have a 30-minute individual video-feedback session with their coach on their form, including written recommendations. The program will wrap up with race preparation sessions and development of a race pacing plan. All athletes receive a complete 12 week training plan with daily workouts that establishes base fitness and race readiness.
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 Pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Winter run program details
- 12 Weeks
- Start: Jan 23, 2021
- End: Apr 14, 2021
Run Video Analysis
- Group Run session with video recording
- One on one video review with each athlete over Zoom
- Written summary with video footage & recommendations
Group training sessions:
- Week 1 & 2 – Saturday @8:00am Outdoor: Prospect Park (Brooklyn NY) @ 15 Street & Prospect Park West
- Week 3-12 – Wednesday Strength & Conditioning over Zoom @ 7:00 pm ( only)
- No bag watch will be provided
- 12 week plan streaming athletes into different training progressions based upon:
- Current fitness
- Progress through the program
- Weekly detailed training plan
- Daily workout email
- Mobile App access via Training Peaks
- 1 in person or online group training sessions/week
- Daily solo workouts
- Sport specific field testing to monitor progress and set training zones
- Heart rate
- Swim, bike, rowing, and strength workouts may also be prescribed as solo workouts for cross training purposes.
Race planning & analysis:
- Individualized pacing plans for all races. Recommendations on pace, heart rate, & fueling/hydration
Unlimited coach contact:
- Unlimited contact with your coach via email and text
- One on One coach contact @ scheduled group training sessions
Team Facebook group:
- Closed group for team announcements
- Access to all Startline Coaching presentations, Videos & other resources
- Group chat
Note: *An additional $15 USAT waiver fee will be assessed for NON USAT members. In addition, a credit card processing fee of $15 will also be assessed. Target race registration fees, accommodation, and other associated training & racing costs are not included in the fee for this training program. No refunds are available for this program.