3 Day Triathlon swim camp in St. Petersburg, Florida | April 30 – May 2 | Early registration price – $550 | Max occupancy: 24 athletes
We are very excited to see you in Florida this year. To say the least, 2020 has been a challenge. We know you can’t wait to get back to what you love. Our 2021 swim camp has been adapted for safe training during COVID. But, as always, we will focus on improving your swim stroke and water comfort, building your swim fitness, and preparing you to successfully compete in the open water.
Designed for ALL PACES and experience levels, this weekend will pinpoint your areas of improvement, introduce skills and drills to “fix” your stroke, and then put those skills to practice in the pool and in the open water.
- 10 hours of pool & open water swim instruction & training
- Strict COVID-19 protocols following USAS, USAT, CDC, and local government protocols
- Low athlete coach ratio ensuring plenty of individual attention
- Classroom sessions that discuss correct form using samples of video captured of athletes attending the camp
- Dryland strength sessions & instruction to supplement your pool time.
- Optional 1 hour one-on-one endless pool swim form analysis with a coach (6 slots only)
Camp Location: North Shore Aquatic Complex, St. Petersburg
Camp Start: 4:00 pm 4/30/2021
Camp Close: 12:00 noon 5/2/2021
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: As of Oct 1, 2021, and without exception, all participants in Startline Coaching programs must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attendance at any and all in-person Startline Coaching training or clinic sessions.
Covid-19 safety protocols:
Arrival, departure, & on deck protocols
- Swimmers will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination at check-in. Vaccination is mandatory to attend.
- Swimmers will be temperature checked prior to the start of every session
- Swimmers are asked not to share food/drink
- Hand sanitizer will be available on deck for use by all swimmers
- Masks are not required while on deck, at arrival or on departure.
In pool & classroom protocols:
- Swimmers will be organized into pods of 12-15 swimmers.
- Each swimmer will train in the same lane for the entire weekend.
- Swimmers will attend class room sessions in their 12-15 person pods
- Masks will be worn by all swimmers & coaches during classroom sessions
- Masks are not required when outdoors