3 Day Triathlon swim camp in St. Petersburg, Florida | April 30 – May 2 | Early registration price – $550 | Max occupancy: 24 athletes
We are very excited to see you in Florida this year. To say the least, 2020 has been a challenge. We know you can’t wait to get back to what you love. Our 2021 swim camp has been adapted for safe training during COVID. But, as always, we will focus on improving your swim stroke and water comfort, building your swim fitness, and preparing you to successfully compete in the open water.
Designed for ALL PACES and experience levels, this weekend will pinpoint your areas of improvement, introduce skills and drills to “fix” your stroke, and then put those skills to practice in the pool and in the open water.
- 10 hours of pool & open water swim instruction & training
- Strict COVID-19 protocols following USAS, USAT, CDC, and local government protocols
- Low athlete coach ratio ensuring plenty of individual attention
- Classroom sessions that discuss correct form using samples of video captured of athletes attending the camp
- Dryland strength sessions & instruction to supplement your pool time.
- Optional 1 hour one-on-one endless pool swim form analysis with a coach (6 slots only)
Camp Location: North Shore Aquatic Complex, St. Petersburg
Camp Start: 4:00 pm 4/30/2021
Camp Close: 12:00 noon 5/2/2021
Note: The safety of all athletes, coaches, and staff is of paramount concern as we collectively face the health and safety risks of the COVID-19 pandemic. All Startline Coaching programs follow USA Swimming best practices, USA Triathlon Safe Return to Multisport Guidelines and Return to Racing Recommendations for Race Directors and the directives issued by federal, state and local authorities. All athletes, coaches, & staff engaged in Startline Coaching programs are expected to follow the USA Triathlon Return to Racing recommendations for Athletes as well as Startline Coaching Return to Training Safety Code of Conduct.
Note: As of Oct 1, 2021, and without exception, all participants in Startline Coaching programs must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attendance at any and all in-person Startline Coaching training or clinic sessions.
Covid-19 safety protocols:
Arrival, departure, & on deck protocols
- All swimmers will be temperature checked prior to the start of every session. Please arrive 30 mins early to ensure we start on time.
- Swimmers will bring all their own gear & arrive in swimsuits under their clothing. The change rooms will not be used.
- Swimmers will all arrive in masks & remain socially distanced while on deck.
- Swimmers will exit the swim facility with swimsuits on under their gear. The change rooms will not be used.
- Swimmers will prepare for swimming on deck leaving all of their gear on deck in their own bags. No sharing of equipment, food, drink etc.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on deck for use by all swimmers when in the facility.
- Coaches will wear masks at all times
In pool & classroom protocols:
- When preparing to enter the pool, swimmers will remove their masks & leave their masks on deck in a plastic bag at the end of the lane.
- Swimmers will be organize into pods of 10-12 swimmers. Each swimmer will train in the same lane for the entire weekend.
- Swimmers will attend class room sessions in their 10-12 person pods
- 4 swimmers per lane with start/end positions as follows: one swimmer at each end & two-mid pool approx. 1/3 & 2/3 down the pool. Swimmers will be assigned a lane & lane position at the start of the camp based upon pace.
- All sets will be run so that each swimmer returns to their designated start/finish spot in the pool.
- There will be no gathering at the end of a pool lane unless specifically speaking to a coach. Swimmers will continue to swim and not stop for coach consultation unless the lane end no longer has a swimmer.
- Should a swimmer need to go to the bathroom, they will exit the pool, put on their mask, and leave it on until they return to the pool.